Friday, August 03, 2007

Checking in...

I don't have much to say, but I figured I would check in just in case Heather gives me nasty comments like "Geez, update already" on a prior post (the girl is known to do it).

Looking forward to: Sea World with the Kellers and the Fujas!!!! We've been throwing around the idea of this trip and it just wasn't looking like it was going to happen and then suddenly everything fell into place this week. I love being with these two families and Dylan adores them, so it is win-win. Jason likes to drink and so do they, so that will be three very happy Cumbys. Our financial situation is a little iffy right now because I am not working and I haven't been offered anything yet **hint, hint little bank** but I was not going to turn down a vacation that I am sure we will treasure and make excellent scrap memories with. Plus, we didn't really go anywhere this summer except Austin and any Texan knows that doesn't count. Counting the days to San Antonio...

The **hint, hint** is for a job interview I had on Monday. I really hate to jinx it by getting the least bit excited, but oh well. I've been really happy staying home with Dylan and had set aside money so that I could stay home with him permanently. A friend of mine that I've known since 7th grade called because he works for a little bank and that bank was looking for someone with a banking and teaching background with communications education to work in their version of Learning and Development creating and teaching training materials. It was right up my alley and I thought there could be no harm in applying and interviewing. Well, I did and I want it. The place is two minutes from my home, the position is awesome and the words "working from home"even came up in the course of the conversation. I would also be working side-by-side with this friend and I really love hanging out with this guy, so it would be lots of laughs. They let me know at the interview that everyone had different skills on the team, but the person I would be replacing was the only one who had actually worked in a branch meaning that my resume was more and more attactive. They also said they were just starting to interview and it could be a couple of weeks before they would know. I got a text from my friend that night saying they loved me...just hoping they loved me enough and they don't find anyone better. We didn't even talk about money, but hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. Word on the street is that the smaller banks don't lowball the way bigger banks, so fingers crossed.

Finally,the master bath is almost complete. I've been to BB&B twice now trying to get the right accessories and my goal is to finish this weekend and start fully using it. The ceiling and walls still need some touch up paint, the bath needs one more good scour to get sticky stuff off of it from promotional stickers, etc. Then it is the hardware, the shower rod and hooks and toilet paper holders and all. The new bathroom has amazing storage and is looking great. A reminder of where we've been and where we are going (after over a year, sadly)...

2004-01-29 Foxwood Master Bath 1

2006-06-11 Foxwood Master Bath 4

2007-02-09 Foxwood Master Bath 8

2007-01-14 Foxwood Master Bath 4

9 comments:

Rita said...

Yay! I'm so excited for Sea World too! Love what you've done with the bathroom. That before picture is something else. Don't think I've ever seen what it looked like before. Nice pink tile.

Rita said...

Oh, and I forgot to add...good luck with the j-o-b. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Carrie said...

Bathroom looks great, and good luck with the job interview

Unknown said...

Killer bathroom! Keeping my fingers crossed on the job.

Heather said...

can't wait to hear about the J-O-B and really can't wait until the bathroom is done!

Susan said...

at first I thought the before pic was the finished project and was desparately thinking of something positive to say! what a dramatic change, it's fabulous!

Kache said...

Good luck on the job front! The bathroom looks awesome, that's a lot of work.

Hope you have a great vacation!

angelina said...

LOL, I thought the first picture was the remastered bath too and thought that was the improvement, but glad to know that I was wrong. I love the improvements. You're going to have so much fun at Sea World. Good luck on the job.

shannon said...

good luck. the bathroom looks great!