Sunday, November 18, 2007

Back to the Superficial!!! Give thanks...

Because you know that's where I like to be...just the easy peasy superficial which is actually the best part of life.

Thanksgiving is this week!!!! I am so excited to be pigging out, I love the fact that every food can be covered in cream and cheese and be made into a casserole. I love the macaroni and cheese that my mom has been making since I was a little kid. I am sad that we never get to go see our Louisiana family on Thankgiving anymore, but I love seeing Chad and Andrea instead. I prefer Charlie Brown Thanksgiving over Charlie Brown Christmas. I love that the sun goes down on Thanksgiving and the colors of the world are brown and orange and when the sun comes up on Friday morning the only colors anyone sees is red and green. Heck, I already set the TiVo for Mickey's Christmas Carol (obviously, Mickey Mouse's take on the Dickens tale). If I play my cards right (ha ha, pun), I will have all my Christmas cards out Friday morning. Other things I am looking forward to this week: a little more alone time with my sweet kiddo, seeing Jason again, maybe seeing Dad, def eating and playing with Mom, Jim, Andrea and Chad (and Mom and Jim's gigantic new TV, hello Thanksgiving Day parade!), Jalepeno Sausage Cheese bread in Hillje, another Thanksgiving meal with Jason's parents and grandmother and more games, finishing a book and maybe starting another, playing with Photoshop when I have no internet this weekend, what else?

Then I can start thinking about what I love about the Christmas season. Don't get me wrong, I think buying gifts for grown ass adults who are capable of buying their own gifts is insane, but that doesn't mean the whole deal is lost on me. There's always Claymation Christmas, watching Dylan figure it all out, ghetto mall Santas and neighborhoods with Christmas lights. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you know what totally sucks? We are now going to LA to see my grandfather on Thanksgiving Day, so I won't be over to your neck of the woods until Friday, and Dad told me you had plans already! Is it an all-day thing?

Kache said...

Yay for cream and cheese covered foods. Hope you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Ull have to share that mac and cheese recipe.. To this day Im still trying to find a really good one my kids will truely love!