Thursday, January 31, 2008

This is a call...

Some of you may have read my earlier post "Overexposed" or whatever I called it. There I was contemplating the pros and cons about being online, sharing your life, blogs, mb's, etc. Sad to say, this week has led me to believe it's all a bad idea.

I get it. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Duly noted. I've had my share of being judged openly and subversively and I'd like to think karma has taken care of some of those people (though they may call it something else). But I've watched people I like and care about get it bad this week and it makes me sad. More than one. What the hell? Some of it comes down to the hobby and the trolls that lurk boards giving hugs and then reposting your posts elsewhere to mock, some of it comes down to the people you know who are stalking you just to see if you might mention their name but all of it comes down to losers so obsessed with you that they watch your every move but claim you are the loser, that you are the one with something wrong with you. Trust me, you're the one with the low IQ and the loser life. I can almost understand doing this to people you know, but total strangers?! Effen pathetic.

I don't search my google analytics to see who is watching me. I look at the comments to see who might think I am going to hell and who has something funny to say, but I don't know who is lurking. If you are out there, just stalking me for giggles, for goodness sake check in on the comments. Just let me know if my self righteousness and godlessness are enough for you to character assassinate me all around the net, and if you are just waiting for the right time to strike. I like to be ready.

10 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

I'm here stalking you - lol! I can't even remember where I found your blog, but I read it because you crack me up! We are so much alike and I love both your honesty and sarcasm. So, you don't have to watch your back from me, I don't trash talk people anywhere, and I must have some of the same friends because I had a few of them get hit by trolls this week too! And you said it all girl! (like you always do) Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Mean people suck!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

I'm checking in lest you think I'm up to something...

I'm sorry this happening.

Carmen

JenBinAZ said...

I am stalking you as well. Sleep with one eye open because I will come steal your scrap supplies, but I won't talk crap behind your back!! love ya girlie!

Brandi said...

I only stalk people with the same name as me so watch out! LOL!

Heather said...

I've been stalking you for years now... nothing new. :)

Erika said...

Well said girl!!!!!As always!

Diana said...

I agree with everything Megan said. I stalk boards but only because I enjoy them and feel I don't know them well enough to make a comment. I don't want to intrude. I think I've gotten to know you enough at SO that I can comment now ;) Keep talking!

Unknown said...

Just call me Stalker Sally ;)

Liz Goldhawk said...

I'm a stalker, but I like to think I'm not a troll, so I think you're safe... ;)