Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Randomness pt 2

First things first, I meant to come on here and ask this earlier, but which do you think is meaner - politician's wives having to stand alongside their cheating mate while he does the walk of shame...

EliotSpitzer

or American Idol making the newest castoff sing after they've just found out?

sanjaya

It was just a random thought I had last week while Rami was pouring her eyes out over being kicked off and preparing to torture my ears one last time. I didn't feel badly for her, she's a karaoke brat, but I did think it is still a sort of cruel tradition. Plus, the song gets all phlegmy since they are crying, so it sounds like shizz. Just saying.

Moving along, Jason and I have made the grand decision to sell this house and move on to greener pastures. Wowsa! It was funny, I've been thinking of it for awhile but I thought the economy was too bad and then I didn't think Jason would be on board, but we got to talking last weekend while we were driving home from the river and when we decided to casually house hunt on Saturday we were hooked.

Let me say this: I know why there are so many foreclosures and I know this from personal and non personal experience. Americans need to frickin live within their own means!! What the heck makes so many people think they are entitled to the most awesome house on the block when they are stretching it as it is? I'm not sad, we're going to likely benefit from little snots buying a house they couldn't afford and hoping the taxes wouldn't catch up, that they'd have that awesome job when the adjustible rate adjusted or from greedy builders who thought they could quickly build and sell ten homes on a block and lost all their money by #8, leaving a shell of a house in its place. I get that there are people not in this position who are losing houses, and trust me when I say I know about predatory mortgage sellers. I worked on the level of predatory check card and credit card sales and that brings me enough shame. But a huge chunk of these people got what their family and friends saw coming. Again, I know this from experience and since you know my house hasn't been repo'd, you can assume I am family or friend. Bleh. But it will likely benefit us, because not only are awesome houses going cheap in places, but the govt is debating giving a $7K credit to those who buy foreclosed homes:
http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2008/04/be_careful_what.html

I'll keep you all updated on the house selling process as we go. Jason is chatting with his mom, the somewhat retired realtor, tonight and we will call the active one she is referring us to as well as our old pal Shane the mortgage guy who got us set up with this one almost five years ago. We have some work we need to do in the process as well and we need to fight a tax appraisal as well that somehow thinks we're a mansion when we're a little chicken shack. Keep your fingers crossed that this process is easier said than done...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the house hunting!

And really, did you need to bring back the fauxhawk? ;)

Diana said...

You're so funny! Love the thoughts that go through your mind. Good luck with the house hunting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

Erika said...

Seriously woman you crack me up. I am totally in love with your blunt honesty! I love how you kick them all in the butt!!! LOL

Heather said...

I'm so excited... I just can't hide it... well, you know how the rest goes...

shannon said...

good luck with the house hunt!

ellen s. said...

i love it. scrappy works for a lending co and we talk about this all the time. we are selling our house soon too! ROFL!

anyway, got your link over at SO. glad i came by b/c we have a lot in common ;)