Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life, today.

I had a crappy day and I don't really want to discuss it. Let's just say there is a layout forming in my head titled "The Wisdom to know the Difference" and on one side is a pic of me with the caption "The things I can" and a pic of another certain person outside of my inner circle with the caption "The thing I cannot change." That tells pretty much the whole story right there, minus frustration, tears and screaming.

So what better to do that blog about BS?! Love it! Did you notice I decorated my blog for Halloween? It is pretty cool. The different elements come from several digi kits like the iron gate on the banner (Rustiron kit from www.jennilyndesigns.com), papers (Anna in the Fiesta kit from Oscrap, I believe, as well as most everything else from Jan Crowley's Macabre kit (Oscrap?) Anyways, I will make it more autumn next week but this is cute for now.

We went to the beach this weekend and stayed at a beach house Karen and Paul (in-laws) rented. I relaxed a lot and learned a whole lot about digi but there were too many people (Granny and Paul's parents also stayed there, and there were only two bedrooms and then foldouts in the living room) and too early of bedtimes (9:15 one night, no kidding). But there were some cute pics to be had and by Monday night a cold front came through and we had cool weather. We waited for over an hour and a half in said cold weather in the car for the ferry Monday night to leave and that really sucked, but I liked the trip overall. Some pics to leave you with:
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 121
(the ocean almost looks pretty here -- this is after the storm with the tide way out and the water eerily calm)
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 117
(I learned to play Rummy Tiles with everyone and I really liked it)
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 044
(relaxing)
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 092
(Granny and Karen laughing at Paul)
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 058
(Dylan's corny new "cheese" face)
2007-10-20 Beach Weekend 068
(the closest I got the ocean was using my zoom lens on the deck for this shot!)

Other than that, nada much going on here. I would like to try and scrap now to sorta chill out, but we will see. See, blogging did make me feel calmer. Serenity now!

2 comments:

Kache said...

Sounds like a relaxing trip. Never played rummy tiles, looks cool.

Sorry you're having a crappy day with a crappy person, take heart that you have cute pictures to scrapbook.

Heather said...

love the pics, laughing that you never got any closer than that after driving that far.

Hopefully it's all at an upward slant now. And hey, we're going to Chicago!